Indiana University (the “University,” “Corporation,” or “IU”), established in 1820, is a major public research institution and one of the largest universities in the nation. The University has core campuses in Bloomington and Indianapolis (Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis or “IUPUI”) *, x and regional campuses serving other areas of Indiana, which are located in:
- Gary (“Northwest”)
- New Albany (“Southeast”)
- Richmond (“East”)
- South Bend
* The Indiana University School of Medicine has a Statewide Medical Education System, consisting of centers at Bloomington, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Gary, Indianapolis, Muncie, South Bend, Terre Haute and West Lafayette.
XIUPUI administers satellite campuses located in Columbus and Fort Wayne (located on the former Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne campus and shares building space with Purdue University Fort Wayne).
Indiana University offers 170 online academic programs and majors marketed through the IU Online brand.
The University also has five global gateway locations in Thailand, China, Germany, India and Mexico that support international engagement for faculty, students, alumni and staff aiming to create new opportunities for research, partnerships, conferences, workshops, study abroad, and internships.
IU is home to renowned business and music schools, the world’s first school of philanthropy, the nation’s first school of informatics and largest medical school.
At Indiana University, each campus is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Indiana University Bloomington is a member of the Association of American Universities.
The University is governed by a nine-member Board of Trustees, which is empowered by Indiana statutes with policy and decision-making authority to carry out the programs and missions of the University.
- Five members are appointed by the Governor for three-year terms.
- One full-time student trustee is appointed by the Governor for a two-year term.
- Three trustees are elected by the alumni of the University for three-year terms.
- One alumnus trustee is elected each year.
- Certain officers of the Board of Trustees are not members of the board.
The following links contain specific information about the University:
By clicking the following links you will leave the Investor Disclosure website.
- Board of Trustees
- School of Medicine
- Office of the President
- Vice President for Research
For more detailed information across all areas of the University, please visit our homepage.
Posted on May 7, 2021