The day-to-day management and oversight of the invested assets are the responsibility of the University Treasurer, Director of Investments, and the staff of the Office of the Treasurer.
These responsibilities include:
- Ongoing communication with the Board, University Investment Committee (UIC), investment managers, custodian, consultant, and all other parties within and outside the University that have a portion of the responsibility for managing, safekeeping and accounting for the invested assets
- Delivering a quarterly review of the performance of all funds for the UIC and the Finance & Audit Committee
- Gathering all data through a Request for Information (RFI) process and make recommendations to the UIC and the Board on the selection of new investment managers, custodial banks, and consultants
- Due diligence of investment mangers’ performance, operations and compliance with guidelines
- Maintaining a level of expertise within the Office of the Treasurer subject to available resources that allow the staff to carry out the responsibilities listed herein
- Any and all other duties as may be deemed necessary by the UIC or the Board with respect to the prudent oversight of the Invested Funds