Indiana University (the “University,” “Corporation,” or “IU”) was founded in 1820 and is one of the largest state-supported universities in the country.
- Originally established in 1820 as Indiana Seminary located in Bloomington
- Designated as Indiana College in 1828
- Became Indiana University in 1838
The University includes seven administered campuses, as follows:
- Bloomington – the flagship campus
- Indianapolis (Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis or “IUPUI” – administered by IU)
- Richmond (“East”)
- Gary (“Northwest”)
- New Albany (“Southeast”)
- South Bend
The University is governed by a nine-member Board of Trustees, which is empowered by Indiana statutes with policy and decision-making authority to carry out the programs and missions of the University.
- Five members are appointed by the Governor for three-year terms.
- One full-time student trustee is appointed by the Governor for a two-year term.
- Three trustees are elected by the alumni of the University for three-year terms.
- One alumnus trustee is elected each year.
- Certain officers of the Board of Trustees are not members of the board.
The following links contain specific information about the University:
By clicking the following links you will leave the Investor Disclosure website.
- Board of Trustees
- School of Medicine
- Office of the President
- Vice President for Research
For more detailed information across all areas of the University, please visit our homepage.
Posted on January 26, 2018